Healthy Ageing Research Centre (HARC) is dedicated to development of research relevant to active and healthy ageing. The primary goal of the project is to jointly enhance the Centre’s scientific excellence and unlock its innovation potential in order for HARC to become a top level, distinguished medical research centre in the field of ageing – associated diseases. Furthermore, the project aims at increasing participation of the HARC partners in international research and development of innovation in the area of healthy ageing. It has also been conceived to upgrade and enhance Medical Unversity of Lodz’s research capacity.
Healthy Ageing Research Centre (HARC) was officially started on June 1st, 2013 and founded by the European Commision (FP7 Regpot) with amount of 4 400 000 EUR. The timing for the project is 3 years (June 2013 – May 2016).
HARC mission is to support and advance healthy ageing through biomedical research, education and collaborative partnership at European, national and local levels.
- to reinforce and consolidate already existing cooperation between HARC and 21 European partners;
- to stimulate innovation with properly protected intellectual rights by exchange of know-how and creating new links with industry (SMEs);
- to develop state – of – the – art research infrastructure in synergy with the structural funds intervention;
- to attract researchers with international experience to work at our centre;
- to promote international knowledge exchange through workshops and conferences;
- to promote HARC and raise the awareness of healthy ageing within the scientific community, industry and the general public;
- to contribute to the solution of the problems of age – related comorbidities in less privileged region of Central Poland by exchanging knowledge with international experts and cooperating regional authorities;
- to increase the participation of the HARC researchers in the European Union Framework Programme and other activities (Joint Programming, Innovation Partnership on Healthy Ageing, ERA – Net).
To find more about HARC, visit our website www.harc.umed.pl